Are you having problems with communication in your relationship? Do you feel that you’re at an impasse with your partner? If so, Samata can help you address your issues for a healthy more fulfilling relationship.
Samata primarily uses The Gottman Method Couples Therapy. It is a structured form of psychoeducational counseling for couples. Dr.s John and Julie Gottman developed this method to address issues with:
- Frequent conflict and arguments
- Poor communication
- Emotionally distanced couples on the verge of separation
- Specific problems such as sexual difficulties, infidelity, money and parenting.
Doctors John and Julie Gottman established nine components (principals) of their method to address any relationship issues. Those nine components are:
- Building love maps
- Sharing fondness and admiration
- Turning towards (as opposed to turning away from each other)
- The positive perspective (seeing your partner as a friend, not an adversary)
- Managing conflict
- Making life dreams come true
- Creating shared meaning
We meet couples where they are. That means that we work with couples who are engaged, married or in partnerships of all races, faiths, cultures, sexual orientation. Gottman found that this method is just as effective for same gender relationships. Therapists at Samata take advantage of his research and counseling same sex marriages and partnerships.
If you are ready to commit or recommit or your goal is enrich your relationship, give us a call and get started right away.